I Traded One Lucky Cent For First Trade One Lucky Loonie For Second Trade US Paper & Coin Dollars & one Lucky US Cent For Third Trade 2 Canada Two Dollars Notes & Toonie & One Lucky Cent For ?????

Monday, January 15, 2007

My First Trade - One Lucky Loonie - 6 Months from Start

Well, exactly 6 months after I started this quest with One Lucky Cent that I found, my first trade has been made, sort of. I'll explain the sort of in a second.
I was contacted a couple weeks ago by a gentleman who wanted to trade for my One Lucky Cent. He offered me a Loonie, which is a Canadian Dollar Coin for those that don't know. When I started this I didn't know what I wanted to trade for so I thought why not and told him where to send it. As I waited for it to arrive I'll admit I even thought he wasn't going to send it. But he had another surprise for me. I just opened today's mail awhile ago and in addition to the loonie, the surprise I didn't expect at all was revealed...

Enclosed along with the Loonie was a $50 bill with a letter that stated the following....

Dear Andrew,
Please find enclosed the loonie I promised to trade you for your one lucky cent. I have decided it would be a good idea if the lucky cent remained in your possession for the time being. I only ask that when you are successful in whatever it is you are trading up to, you will then auction off the one lucky cent on my behalf and send the proceeds to the Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba.
Which leads me to the $50.00 I've also enclosed. I read your blog about your quest. My wife and I think it's such a wonderful thing you want to do. I want you to add the money to your total and if you can, please post information about the foundation, as well as a link to their website.
Before we moved to Alberta, my wife, kids and I lived in Winnipeg and one of our children spent some time in the Children's Hospital. The staff took great care of our baby and went out of their way to keep us comfortable when we were there. Your house for mom website has that mother (or father) child bond that my wife and I can relate to.
Hopefully, our little contribution helps you in your quest and that you'll be able to trade up our loonie for something else in your trading quest. Like you mentioned it might even be a Lucky Loonie. Good luck in your quests!
Please only post my first name if you do decide to post anything.

Thank you and God Bless!
Michael and Family


As you can read, Michael and his family had a nice surprise for me. As well, he wants me to keep the One Lucky Cent and auction it off went I complete my trading and donate the proceeds to The Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba

Thank you Michael and family for your generosity and for starting my trading up quest. One Lucky Cent to One Lucky Loonie...I am lucky for having met, albeit online, amazing people like your family and yourself Michael.

Now we have One Lucky Cent and One Lucky Loonie...

Hanging out together as we wait for the next trade...to trade One Lucky Loonie for something.

When I registered OneLuckyCent.com last week I also registered another name even though I didn't know if the One Lucky Loonie was going to arrive. OneLuckyLoonie.com was registered with the hopes the One Lucky Loonie would arrive. It has and now we wait with excitement as this journey has started. Maybe the next person will want to start a OneLuckyLoonie.com quest.

Thank you once again Michael and Family!

The day after I started .... is when I came across OneRedPaperClip and I decided to do OneLuckyCent. It was interesting because the day after I started ... was the day Kyle got a house. Now exactly 6 months after I started OneLuckyCent I get my first trade. Will it end one the one year anniversary like Kyle's?

We'll soon see what the next installment of OneLuckyCent.com is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home